The Traveller Web Comic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch

3 posters

Go down

Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch Empty Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch

Post  Beech Sat May 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Dan's recent description for the Jump Expansion Module (JEM) is pretty spot on, though I think we should keep the 20T Launch as this gives more storyline possibilities.
I have roughly visualized the launch up anyway, given it a recognizably linked paint job (& found a better copper color which I'll use on the Akhilleus also).
Now onto the JEM itself...
Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch Launch10
Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch Launch11

Last edited by Beech on Sat May 17, 2008 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sloppy spelling!)

Beech

Back to top Go down

Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch Empty Re: Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch

Post  Beech Sat May 17, 2008 7:25 pm

And just as a point of interest, here is the scale relationship between the Akhilleus and the Launch.
Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch Achill10
I am also having a go at the Jump Expansion Module at the moment and have been thinking about the fuel tanks/modules, I am seeing them as mounted on a grid structure fixed to the underside of the JEM with all interior spaces and the launch above (I'll post a few sketches soon), tho any ideas or suggestions on the following?: Are they disposable (& jettisoned when empty) or refilled, how are they taken from planetside up to the module, are they many small containers that can fit in the hold of the Akhilleus (unlikely) or can they only be obtained from space stations where they can be fitted directly, etc? What do they look like & how many of what size?
What a great idea this module is BTW, everybody will be wanting one soon. Laughing

Beech

Back to top Go down

Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch Empty Yeah like me....hey Saarthuran....

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:22 am

Hell yeah. I might have to invest in one of those myself....I am digging the drawings, what are you using to illustrate this anyway?
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

http://www.geocities.com/ionicproductionsus/

Back to top Go down

Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch Empty Re: Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch

Post  Beech Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:33 pm

This was drawn in Vectorworks/Renderworks with a very heavy dose of Photoshop ( I work for an Architects company - therefore free expensive CAD & modeling software installed on my personal laptop for when I 'work from home' Smile )

Beech

Back to top Go down

Free Trader Jump Expansion Module - The Launch Empty Not Fair!

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:12 pm

Beech wrote:This was drawn in Vectorworks/Renderworks with a very heavy dose of Photoshop ( I work for an Architects company - therefore free expensive CAD & modeling software installed on my personal laptop for when I 'work from home' Smile )
Totally bogus, Ted! Razz Must be nice and cool too. What a Face
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

http://www.geocities.com/ionicproductionsus/

Back to top Go down

Post  far-trader Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 pm

I keep meaning to bring this up and forgetting...

I know you like the idea of a launch for an away craft and all the plot points that can open up, but I just don't see where it can fit in the design, unless I missed that. Or we're bumping up the size of the ship or module? Or something...

(oh well, I've done enough damage to the project for today cheers Wink )

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:42 pm

I have kind of got it to fit to the top of the module (see the pics in the module thread), I'll have a go at the deck layout & see if there is any mileage in it.
If it doesn't work, then losing the launch is not the end of the world. Neutral

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  far-trader Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:48 pm

Perhaps "fit" was a poor choice of word. I think it fits quite well the way you drew it, and I like it, the problem was getting it to "fit" within the design specs. I'll have a look at them again and see if I can scrounge the tonnage from somewhere. I've got a couple of rule-bending ideas that might work without breaking Wink Or maybe I could find something to swap out without resorting to that...

...what's our design system of preference again? LBB2, LBB5, MegaTraveller, ...

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Oh I see. Very Happy
Maybe lose the launch, we have got quite a lot going on with the main ship and the module, the launch could be overkill.
Unless the Barons got any plot lines involving it up his sleeve...

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down