The Traveller Web Comic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Handle Stories ?

4 posters

Go down

How to Handle Stories ? Empty How to Handle Stories ?

Post  Gadrin Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Should we just post stories/ideas here ? And then see who likes what ?

Or is this only for "approved" storylines ? Question

Gadrin

Back to top Go down

How to Handle Stories ? Empty Re: How to Handle Stories ?

Post  Beech Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:31 pm

I personally think we should throw in lots of ideas and see who likes what, there are no approved storylines yet. Early days, lets see what happens.

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  far-trader Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Pitch them and pick ideas sounds good. Think we need some general guidelines though. Stuff like the theme or themes, length, format.

Theme wise I was thinking along the lines of serious and typical of a game in the OTU. I'd rather not do Super Heroes in space but can see where that might be the more appealing and attractive option. And let's face it, farcical has already been done as "The Travellers" better than I can imagine anyone doing it. Maybe there's another option. Something not quite Super Heroes in space but more than a game diary.

Length I mean as in run. Or at least chapters. How long and how many pages/issues. Like 2 or 3 pages a week. Ambitious maybe but at least a short term goal. And how long a story do we want to tell/draw?

Format is open, but I like the LBB idea Smile

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Post  far-trader Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:15 pm

So my first pitch, interestingly ties in with some of what's been posted already.

The crew, a mix of youth and experience (represented by one of each of the basic careers except other, with different terms served), of The Ragdoll get robbed by a pirate (the scenario presented is possible on the encounter table in Book 2) and have to look for a way out. In steps the mysterious patron (the "other" career) who approaches them at the bar.

The Patron makes them an offer, bails them out in return for a stateroom as long as she needs, no questions asked. And she picks their destinations.

I was thinking a Noble messing with psionics (not personally perhaps, but maybe recruiting). Could tie in quite nicely with the Zho ideas in several ways.

I was thinking setting it in The Marches. Which also works nicely with the whole Zho/Psi thing as the big mystery. Anyway, gotta go mix up some cold meds and try to get some comatose sleep Smile Got one more post to make firs though...

far-trader

Back to top Go down

How to Handle Stories ? Empty Nobles...

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 am

Really sir, we Nobles don't mess around with anything, we attempt to find out if that obscure listing of old Institutes and hints of Zho/Imp collaboration really mean...and of course to find out if one has Forbidden Talents. Rolling Eyes

Perhaps the there is more to the history of the Suppressions than most are even aware of...

Oh and really as I have seen it (got the Zhodani Alien Module-CT) the Zho were probably trying to use the common bond of psionics to tie the two polities together. But I am crazy so... Wink
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

http://www.geocities.com/ionicproductionsus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum