The Traveller Web Comic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Face-being.

3 posters

Go down

The Face-being. Empty The Face-being.

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:08 am

Because the Law requires that you have one Stew on board if one is transporting passengers.

The Steward/SuperCargo is perhaps not what they seem, like anyone on this crew is...

The Stew might in fact be a Grifter on the lam and posing as the Stew with fake papers, listing them as of course a Free Imperial Trader and we all know what that really means. It bought them on the run, from less than reputable sources as they say.

Might explain why they always seem to be up for the runs closer to the frontiers and less in civilized space, perhaps even doing odd spec deals on the side, and nudging the flight plan with skillful manipulation of the Cargo Manifest...."sorry, skipper but all I could get was the Varnarrian Lovster tails and they have to be there next week..."

And since they are a Grifter, they have mad, crazy Liaison and Carousing and other useful Face-man skills...

Of course I could just be talking out my ass, I do that at times.
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

http://www.geocities.com/ionicproductionsus/

Back to top Go down

The Face-being. Empty Re: The Face-being.

Post  Beech Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:24 am

I think we should combine this guy's traits with one of the characters we already have, so we keep to four crew and the owner.
This means we keep a double and a single stateroom free for passengers of suspicious intent etc.
The most likely candidate is the warrior guy as he has not really been fleshed out yet & I think the dubious past bit fits quite well.

Beech

Back to top Go down

The Face-being. Empty Well...

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:34 pm

Since I am the New Blood, I am down with that, although this could also be our bad girl thief too, but either way, is good. And we do need that open stateroom/s for those passengers that all Starships need sooner or later, and speaking of that could add some thing interesting to the mix too, as they have to cover up the mission while passengers are aboard....
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:15 pm

The Bad girl thief is a great idea Craig, thanks, I had forgotten about her.
If we go with Gadrins intro to the Zho team (which I think we should do) we have a complete unknown introduced to the crew so she can fabricate any history, & I guess all the guys may all be a bit smitten with her (as all comic book heroines are stunning as we know Smile ) so will fall in with anything she tells them...

Beech

Back to top Go down

The Face-being. Empty *grins*

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Don't we always...?
Thank you. *bows humbly* After all, I did say I wanted to help and well, now it looks like we are jamming again...*grins* I get to say "we". This rocks...Living the Dream!

Oh and in RL Cool News (a mini wanna be branch of the TAS NS) I got me Traveller Dice yesterday....Dudes, I got my Dream D6s this rocks, sorry, had to share the joy with people who would care. Cool
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:28 pm

mmmm, traveller dice...
Care, we do bounce
Jealous, I am Evil or Very Mad

Beech

Back to top Go down

The Face-being. Empty Sorry, We Ain't. :P

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:41 pm

I mean I am, but not enough to part with any just yet....

My Precious... I love you
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron Saarthuran Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:47 pm

We have to control the number of principal characters for the sake of practicality for this first time out. I am not 100% sold on the serviceability of the enemy team yet, if we can make it work for the format that we are working in. Having a shitload of characters is going to get confusing for the reader, and will be a pain in the ass for us to manage.
Baron Saarthuran
Baron Saarthuran

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron Saarthuran Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:06 pm

You... You have Traveller Dice too?
Baron Saarthuran
Baron Saarthuran

Back to top Go down

The Face-being. Empty Ummm....

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Embarassed yes.

i didn't realize they were that rare....now i feel like a bragging dick.

sorry.

don't we get them with the barony? Rolling Eyes
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Baron Saarthuran wrote:We have to control the number of principal characters for the sake of practicality for this first time out. I am not 100% sold on the serviceability of the enemy team yet, if we can make it work for the format that we are working in. Having a shitload of characters is going to get confusing for the reader, and will be a pain in the ass for us to manage.

This is fair enough, maybe we hold the girl thief back for a lot later on, she can always very briefly appear in an earlier scene (if we keep the enemy team intro similar to Gadrin's proposal) & then resurface later in the story, maybe as another party after the crown (this time for purely monetary motivation).

Beech

Back to top Go down

The Face-being. Empty No way!

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:39 pm

I mean what a preposterous Idea, that someone would try and profit off of an Ancient Artifact, I mean is that a Contravention of Imperial Law and Custom?
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:42 pm

my kind of gal then Very Happy

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum