The Traveller Web Comic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intro pages

4 posters

Go down

Intro pages Empty Intro pages

Post  Beech Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:58 am

Far-Trader has produced some initial intro pages which I really like, I'll email him & ask him to put them up on here as a starting point.

Beech

Back to top Go down

Intro pages Empty Re: Intro pages

Post  Baron Saarthuran Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:50 pm

Intro Script Pages?
Baron Saarthuran
Baron Saarthuran

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:42 pm

Yeah, he's done four preliminary pages (so far) which could be a good jumping off point for the strip, I'll let him upload & then we can work out if thats the way to go.

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  Gadrin Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:59 am

Well when you find something appropriate or that you're going to pursue, I hope you give us a heads-up, pointing out what you
like about it and what you plan to do with it. Maybe step-by-step, without going overboard (in other words making more work
for you Shocked ).

Then we can see what the process will be like for you.

Gadrin

Back to top Go down

Intro pages Empty Audition Pages

Post  far-trader Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:49 pm

The premise behind this was a quick introduction script to the comic. I built the premise around David's first page on his site. "A Starport Bar..., A Mysterious Patron..., A Desperate Crew..., An Aging Freighter..., THE RAGDOLL"

I started with the last, the aging freighter, and worked backwards from there to arrive at the starport bar for the real start of the story. Along the way introducing the major players. The Ship, The Crew, and The Patron. All in the way I saw a story unfolding. More on that later and elsewhere...

So, with the caveats that it is just my idea and not necessarily the best or only, and that it's very rough, here's my first bit (sorry, current format is too wide for the board, follow the links)...

(take David's first page as read, http://web.mac.com/dredington/Ragdoll_Traveller/Comic_Test.html#0)

https://2img.net/h/i151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/far-trader/TheRagDoll-Chapter1Page1-2.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/far-trader/TheRagDoll-Chapter1Page3-4.jpg

Pages 5 - 8 still to follow. Sketched out in my head but I've caught a cold over the weekend and am feeling rough. Will add if interest and as able.

My idea was to present it in a format that would lend itself to printing and folding into a mock LBB format. Just because. Inspired by David's original being in the British equivalent (or very close to). Another part of my concept was to use as much of David's work already available, but that's just an option and was quick for my audition purposes. I understand at least we'll be going Type A Beowulf class likely. More on that later as well...

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Post  far-trader Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:28 am

heh, who says cold/flu mind fog is good for nothing Wink

aching through my day it's just occurred to me that my first idea (not yet shared), while workable with the Zho stuff, looks like it would have developed into The Fifth Element Rolling Eyes

I swear I wasn't consciously going that way or stealing it but I see it now. Not that it would be a bad game, but I think we want a bit of originality in the plot yes? At least as original as any plot can be since the (what, 4?) basic story types were set down ages (middle? earlier?) ago.

Now I'm just rambling to distract me from the misery of the cold/flu...

...later all.

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down