The Traveller Web Comic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zhodani Team Summary

4 posters

Go down

Zhodani Team Summary Empty Zhodani Team Summary

Post  Gadrin Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:09 pm

note: these are roughly done in GURPS Traveller format but can be adapted...

ODL STEZD

Telepathy, Clairvoyance
Officer Combat Armor + IR cloak
Auto-snub pistol
KCR 500 budget per year or CR 125,000 per quarter

6'5" tall, 192 lbs, Usually wears a turban when in formal dress, or a fez-like-cap that matches his
exploration suit. He's 62 years old.

Odl is an attaché to Zhodani Consular Legation in the Jungleblut subsector. His post is minor
at the moment, and he often acts as a messenger for his superiors, using his cover as an
executive with Tliahashal to do so. He's often given small tasks that aren't glamorous but
Odl is happy to carry out.

Journal in the character's voice:
"Tliazhashal has an agreement with the Council to handle survey work in the sector
in exchange for an attractive stipend. I found it odd that I was to receive my orders
directly from the Subsector Minister, but I'm far more used to working inside Consulate
Borders where things are much more formal. It was a bit of shock returning to the
frontier and working with other races with substantially different ideas. The sheer
scope of what's available here makes it worthwhile. Jobs come and go with a greater
frequency than I'm used to, but I'll adapt. The Minister's Tavrchedl officer is a first
rate man, as we've hit it off from the start. He's brought along two subordinates:
another Tavrchedl junior officer, who I understand is a teleporter, and a trooper,
a genetically engineered species captured in a different sector. It's a somewhat odd
arrangement, but I feel confident about our chances. In addition, I've been able to
grab a 100-ton Chtanoql scout with a good crew. I can't wait until we get our first
assignment."

Gadrin

Back to top Go down

Zhodani Team Summary Empty Re: Zhodani Team Summary

Post  Gadrin Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:11 pm

ISHODEZHD (izz-ho-dez) -- Tavrchedl Drianalf

Sleep, Telesend, Telereceive, Suggest, Mind Wipe
Officer Combat Armor + IR cloak
Gauss Pistol & ACR

A five year veteran of Tavrchedl, Ishodezhd assists Odl Stezd by running the unit in most
tactical situations. However his primary mission is to make sure Odl's orders get carried
out, thanks to him and Ytah.

6'4" tall, 200 lbs, wears either a Zhodani-style robe or his exploration suit in the field.

"The Consulate wanted to try a pilot project and with my current success in Mind Wipe they
assigned me and two others to Intendant Stezd's group. My function is technically the same
except I'm to take special attention of the bioroid whom my superior back at HQ "re-educated"
personally. I've also been assigned a new recruit, who didn't live up to the commando's requirements
but since he's a teleporter, he can add a new dimension to the operation. I'm not sure how well
it will really work, but I agreed to the one-year trial period with the support of my superiors."

Gadrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gadrin Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:11 pm

YTAH DJIASH (yitaw dee-osh) -- Tavrchedl Comm Officer

Clairvoyance, Teleport
TL11 Biosuit + cybernetic web
Machine Pistol

Not physically adequate for the Commandos, Ytah was snatched up quickly by the Tavrchedl who
are happy to have a teleporter among their number. While a rookie, he's thought to be a valuable
member of Odl's team. Time will tell.

5'10" tall, 170 lbs, wears a Zhodani biosuit with a psibernetic web built in, often in "cloak
form" when more casual attire is permissible.

"Well, I didn't make the commandos, which really disappointed my father, saying I should be able
to make up for my lack of physical prowess with psionic ability. Unfortunately the Commander-General
has very specific guidelines, which they follow to the letter. I hadn't left the appraisal session
more than five minutes when a Tavrchedl officer approached me and offered me a commission beyond
Consulate space, believing that my talents were still quite usable for Consulate purposes. So it took
me out of the system almost immediately and since it meant notifying father via a dispatch, I felt
it would lessen the blow to him, not to mention myself. Besides, having an active commission was
superior to a return and reevaluation at district HQ. I'm not sure what a 'Consular posting' is nor
what it will involve, but I do know for the most part my activities will still involve psionics
employed in a different way, even if they don't take me into battle on a regular basis.

Gadrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gadrin Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:13 pm

IARLICHT aka "Werewolf" (yar-leashed) -- Chronos-series bioroid from GURPS: Bio Tech

Combat Environment Suit + chill can
Machine Pistol, ACR, with RAM GL

The team's grunt soldier, "Werewolf" looks like a cross between a human & vargr, having a canine
head & snout but human like legs and arms. His "species" is the result of some sort of gene
experimentation conducted by an ex-Consulate enemy, bred for their ability to be rather savage
soldiers. Hundreds of his kind were discovered in low sleep on a supply ship just beyond Consulate
space. Once awakened, they tended to be so violent individuals often had to be destroyed. The
Consulate was going to elminate the entire stock (around 500 or so) when the Tavrchedl stepped in
and requested permission to take over the program. They had progressed far with psionic "mind wiping"
techniques (including the team's lead Tavrchedl officer). So far, "Werewolf" has adjusted well and
is a good soldier, working for next to nothing for the Consulate.

6'4" tall, 220 lbs, and usually wears a Combat Environment Suit, or a set of cloth armor pants and boots.

"Zhodani re-education...well it worked. I certainly don't feel like killing them anymore, although I
do relish combat. The good thing about this posting is that I will be in the lead for any combat that
occurs. The others call me 'werewolf' and think I'm a barbarian because I don't find the subtleties
in foods that they do. Snort! Well, I doubt the Consulate cares much as long as my ACR finds the mark
when it's time to fight! Eh!"

Gadrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron Saarthuran Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:35 am

Production-wise, we should ditch the bio-wolf in favor of a Zhodani Intendant Noble. For the sheer fact another huamnoid wil be easier than a dog humanoid production-wise. wont it? Have incredibly hot Zhodani ladies been taken out of consideration?
Science Fiction in general could use a new Princess Aura or two.

these guys should also have a technical upper hand or a resource upper hand. Maybe a verrry nice ship full of fighters (a common zho setup) and merciless warbots (another common sho setup)

Sort of like what you have going on on farscape, except the good guys are armed. The zhodani would be the Peacekeepers.
Baron Saarthuran
Baron Saarthuran

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Hey I am all for ditching the dog in favor of incredibly hot Zho girls Smile - good looking women are a necessary part of comic culture.
Seriously it does speed up the process to have all humanoid characters but I am not averse to illustrating aliens at all we will need them in there to keep the traveller feel but may just not as part of the main crews.
Also how big do you think the Zhodani crew should be & what type of ship? I quite like the idea that there is a lot of them (superior numbers of them means we can kill off a few & get some real grudges going).

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron Saarthuran Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:02 pm

In broad strokes, and from what I know of zho background, these guys should represent relentless order. They are individuals, but they work towards a common goal of getting the Cortex Crown and imposing the Zho mindset on the rest of known space. They may not need to have superior numbers, they may just be badass psionics with badass tech backing them up. The superiority can come from many sources.

The largest of which can be a "home field advantage" over the hero crew... the Zhos can setup several traps and pitfalls for the characters thru other zho and alien agents on the worlds they visit, to soften them up for an attack by the Main Zho team.

Maybe the hero team has an advantage as they are able to make decisions and moves on the fly, while the Zho team sometimes has to wait for a go signal from superiors before they can move, or maybe they are simply just more rigid in thier thought processes.
Baron Saarthuran
Baron Saarthuran

Back to top Go down

Zhodani Team Summary Empty Zhodani and Vilani.

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:57 am

I personally have found in my research that the most hide bound members of Humaniti are the Vilani, the Zho are more about helping you find out where you can serve with the most value added.

They aren't so much relentless as trying to get everyone to get along...ok, so everyone getting along in the Zho fashion. *grins*

Oh and remember also that of all Humaniti, the Zho are the only ones with genuine distaste and minor incompetence regarding untruths between them and others. They really are the shiny happy people of the Traveller universe thanks to those fine folks at the Tavrchedl. sunny
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

http://www.geocities.com/ionicproductionsus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron Saarthuran Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:57 am

In this, because of the comic format, they may have to represent a more villanous aspect of Humaniti. They might have the best intent for using the Crown to place Zhodani-style order on the universe, but the Crown is the random factor. It takes out the question of intent. IT is unsure if it has its own motives, or what it is exactly.

The Zhos just may have to be the bad guys for the sake of story conflict, and for the sake of Action. We have to be careful not to fall into too much "gray-area" introspection and stick to "Indiana Jones" as best we can. The comics will be a lot easier to write and plan in the long run. This is not to say we "dumb it down" to the point of incoherence, but we have to give each installment a lot of Punch due to the format.
Baron Saarthuran
Baron Saarthuran

Back to top Go down

Zhodani Team Summary Empty Well crap...

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:54 pm

OK, so you caught me, I am a secret Zho sympathizer! It's a fair cop. *Arrow using the revolving door of Justice*

Fine, and they are off in the wild and whooly frontier of both polities...maybe they have gone native, hmmmm, which means they can lie and cheat....ick.
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

http://www.geocities.com/ionicproductionsus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Baron Saarthuran Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:25 pm

I admire the Zho setup in some ways too. They know how to build some wild lookin' ships. I tried to start a T20 all Zho game where the PCs were Judge Dredd like Intendants/ Psionic Cops. It is probably still on Coti. I'll find it and send you an link. Lot of players found the conforming character background too restrictive, and so the game vever launched.
Baron Saarthuran
Baron Saarthuran

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Baron Saarthuran wrote:They know how to build some wild lookin' ships.
They do indeed, any ideas on what size ship here, do we go for the small inconspicuous team with the Yetsabl Courier or Zdebr Trader or lots of them with a heavily armed Shivva Frigate?
I vote the small team - makes it more personal and underhand. pirat

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down