The Traveller Web Comic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bridge

3 posters

Go down

The Bridge Empty The Bridge

Post  Beech Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:51 pm

I am working on the bridge at the moment & here are the work in progress images- (ignore the door, I went a bit traditional here but am going to change it back to an iris style door)

The Bridge Render10

The Bridge Render11

Beech

Back to top Go down

The Bridge Empty Re: The Bridge

Post  far-trader Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Love it Very Happy

What more can I say?

If forced to comment I suppose I might wonder about dropping the ceiling height just a bit on each side, over the outer work stations. Just to imply the slope of the hull there, though I think it's above the height shown so it's not needed.

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Yep, you are right, I'll put some aircraft type baggage lockers up there too, I also need to put a ladder and hatches to the right hand side of the door.

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  far-trader Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:51 am

Beech wrote:...I also need to put a ladder and hatches to the right hand side of the door.

hehe...

Well, I eliminated the topside escape hatch from the bridge so no worries there, just the floor hatch (out of view?) and ladder down. I figure they can just blow the window out if needs be since the top hatch just wasn't looking pretty on my external view.

Still doodling/fixing things (fix one problem and three more things need to be shifted, and then... all while trying to not change what I don't want to or what you've already done up) but it is looking better/more functional logical for it imo. I'm 99% certain that I'm 99% there, more or less Wink

And the 3D work is slow as I'm torn between trying to figure out a way to do it pretty or just do it fast. I think I'll go with fast just to see if it all fits inside the hull and leave the pretty to you Smile I should have a little more time now for a bit.

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:46 pm

far-trader wrote:hehe...

Well, I eliminated the topside escape hatch from the bridge so no worries there, just the floor hatch (out of view?) and ladder down. I figure they can just blow the window out if needs be since the top hatch just wasn't looking pretty on my external view.

Good news and makes sense too Surprised

Beech

Back to top Go down

The Bridge Empty Some thoughts on doors...

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:59 am

If the Starship is TL 9 and not even TL A, then having doors is about right, lower tech level and it makes the ship kinda look and feel old, which we all know every Free Trader is or at least the Muster ones.

Otherwise it looks ok to me and I think using a lot of canon look at first is good. I think it would be even more dramatic when different looking tech and ships start to show up the readers will know that they have left the safety of the Imperium and are now in *in best announcer voice* "Alien Space, space, space, space.."
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

http://www.geocities.com/ionicproductionsus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum