The Traveller Web Comic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Representing Trade

4 posters

Go down

Representing Trade Empty Representing Trade

Post  Baron Saarthuran Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:16 pm

How does trade factor into the comic?

Is it a central issue? I realize the ship is a free trader, and cargo runs can hold many adventure seeds, but I was wondering how you guys want to handle it. I have a hunch seeing the mechanics of speculative trade in comic form would be pretty snoozy. Maybe more of a "black market" kind of setup? One not so legit? Shady Cargoes from Shady Brokers?
Baron Saarthuran
Baron Saarthuran

Back to top Go down

Representing Trade Empty Re: Representing Trade

Post  Beech Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Shady dealings are a lot more fun (and more profitable), though maybe they are slightly reluctant/uncomfortable about this (or at least some of the crew are) & somehow have to operate this way.

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  far-trader Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:22 pm

I'm with you on the day to day being boring. We don't want to do much of that kind of stuff. The rare odd shot of cargo loading or a market maybe. Likewise space travel itself is generally boring. We need to focus on the 1% of the time when interesting things are happening.

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Representing Trade Empty the first comments.

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Beech, love the forum system, the smilies are the shit! Cool

Anyway, if we are using this comic as a way to explore and get to know the 3I then I have the following to say:

We should take it Book by Book. We could start with the traditional CharGen, which introduces the characters and their unique stories, move on to LLB2-X as the story progresses and the readers begin to become familiar with the working of the universe.

This could also allow us to plot out a Long Arc for the Crew. I will have more on this after reading the rest... Rolling Eyes
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

http://www.geocities.com/ionicproductionsus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum