The Traveller Web Comic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interior locations - Crew Commons

3 posters

Go down

Interior locations - Crew Commons Empty Interior locations - Crew Commons

Post  Beech Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:40 pm

The first location I've been working on is the Crew Common Area, this is from a Beowulf (which I am running with at the moment unless anybody has any strong objections), I am trying to make sure all the locations are to scale, actually fit the deckplans and are hopefully consistent.
This is looking forward, & the door is into the bridge. (Still not sure about iris doors & this one needs redoing). The small galley area is to the left, a larger galley will be located on the upper deck. The idea of the large screen is that this makes a good briefing area & can also be used as an entertainment screen.
I will mock up a view looking aft in the next day or two. And then onto the bridge.
Let me know any comments you have.

Interior locations - Crew Commons Common11

Beech

Back to top Go down

Interior locations - Crew Commons Empty Re: Interior locations - Crew Commons

Post  Beech Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:01 am

This is to match in with the latest deckplans.
I think I need to busy it up a little, maybe add in a few extras (screens, pipes, high level lockers, etc.)
The ceiling height is too high, more like 3m at the moment & I need to add in the floor hatch.
Also I may change the bench table to a table & chairs to make it look less military.
Interior locations - Crew Commons Common10

Beech

Back to top Go down

Post  far-trader Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:57 am

Beech wrote:...I need to add in the floor hatch.

Hooray! I can save you a little more work again. I moved the floor hatch from the wall with the screen. Where to put the ladder and another issue pushed it back to the wall between the commons and lowberths. Works much better there.

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Post  far-trader Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:59 am

I'll second the notion for less austere more comfy here. It's supposed to be passenger commons so a nice fauxwood table and comfy high back padded chairs, carpeted floor, nice wall and lighting panels. That kind of thing. Or it was years ago if this is an older ship...

far-trader

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Comfy is needed, these guys are spending an awful lot of time in this area and it needs to reflect it too (getting a few pointers from Firefly/Serenity here)

Beech

Back to top Go down

Interior locations - Crew Commons Empty Geeeez!

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:13 am

Annoying things to add:

The Traditional Pin-up LSP calender.

Crew bulletin board, with reminders that no one ever reads.

Duct tape holding the last piece of genuine Howood panelling on the east wall.

The Doctor's "dope stick" ashtray, and why is it doctors always smoke...

That dukam pile of dishes and stuff on the sideboard because "well i didn't leave it there".

Various paperwork, but never the Stew's for some reason.

A boombox "ever since the left speaker set went out, the screen just doesn't have the fidelity I am looking for".

And of course a can of Coke

Just to give it lived in feel. Hope this helps not hinder.
Cool
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

http://www.geocities.com/ionicproductionsus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Beech Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:55 pm

Oh it helps.
I need to do quite a bit of work on this one as this would be one of the most used locations (as well as the bridge) so all those familiar little cosy touches need to be added in.
Re: the crew bulletin board, this is a must & could actually become part of the strip dialog. There was a great Firefly webcomic similar to this, i'll try to find link...
(time passes)
Ah, found it! actually it was notes left on the ships fridge:
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/serenitytales/st_passingnotes/series.php

Beech

Back to top Go down

Interior locations - Crew Commons Empty Are you at work?

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Beech wrote:Oh it helps.
I need to do quite a bit of work on this one as this would be one of the most used locations (as well as the bridge) so all those familiar little cosy touches need to be added in.
Re: the crew bulletin board, this is a must & could actually become part of the strip dialog. There was a great Firefly webcomic similar to this, i'll try to find link...
(time passes)
Ah, found it! actually it was notes left on the ships fridge:
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/serenitytales/st_passingnotes/series.php
Gentlemen, if you are at work, look at the bulletin board, that is the image I was going for. Remember, a Starship is a Commercial Venture and thus has Imperial Standards, Starship Operations, Legal Requirements, Edition 1100. to uphold, and more specifically Section 1, Subsection S, Posting in Common Crew Areas, Rules and Regulations, Ship's Articles, Company Charter, Safety Procedures, Legal Wages, etc.
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

Back to top Go down

Interior locations - Crew Commons Empty An interesting factiod....

Post  Magnus von Thornwood Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:15 pm

The Aforementioned Howood Board is the real Crew BB, they have special decoder/coder rings that the Engineer made for him and the Captain back in the day, oh and it's a back channel that Her Nibs doesn't know about or have access to. yet Twisted Evil

And really as an aside, really who knew you could get Ho-wood, I mean, except for the former Gov of NY, some famous actors... Basketball *he shoots, he scores* cheers Razz
Magnus von Thornwood
Magnus von Thornwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down